About The Club
The Vale of Clwyd Angling Club was formed in 2015 with the amalgamation of two local angling clubs. The original Clwyd Angling Club is one of the oldest in Wales. The Club's roots are thought to date back to the 1800s, with existing paperwork reliving the minutes since 1925.
The Vale of Clwyd Angling Club offers anglers access to waters extending from above Ruthin, at the top end of the Vale of Clwyd, down to a point just outside of St. Asaph. Apart from a small number of sections, the Club has access to either single or double bank fishing for the whole length of the River Clwyd between the uppermost and lowest beats. We believe we now offer the finest opportunities to anglers, certainly in the Vale of Clwyd, if not the whole of North Wales.
The Club also has beats on the rivers Clywedog, Wheeler and Ystrad, which are feeders into the River Clwyd, several prime beats on the River Elwy and a two acre lake (Llyn Clywedog) high in Clocaenog Forest.
In addition to our own waters, the Club takes out a small number of tickets each year on the Bala AC waters which increases member’s options to include grayling fishing in the winter months. These tickets are available free to members only (not guests of members). The Club also has an exchange ticket arrangement with the Llangollen Maelor AA, Nidderdale AC, Derwent (Co. Durham) AC, Llandeilo AC and Dalbeattie AC which allows VCAC members access to most waters of each Club.
Not only do our members have access to a vast amount of fantastic water in North East Wales but they have the opportunity to fish in other parts of Wales and Britain too.